- easily distracted - starts on one pile, then goes onto the next without fully resolving anything
- procrastinators - would rather do other things than sort and organise their space
- bargain shoppers - can't pass up a bargain, even if they don't need the item
- sentimental - feels guilty letting anything go
- perfectionists - hesitant to do anything unless it's done absolutely perfectly. They tend to paralyse themselves.
Regardless of the personality type, the best way to get started even if you only have a day is to go for 'good enough'. Realise that you probably didn't get into this situation overnight and it's not going to be undone in a few hours. Pick one area, maybe its collecting all paperwork from around your home or office and put it in one place to sort through. Then continue on with this, e.g. all clothing, toys, recycling etc. Put it in the appropriate room, then sort from there.
Getting organised is usually a marathon, not a sprint!